Saturday, April 4, 2009

Storms a brewin' in Iowa

Tomorrow is Palm Sunday, it is always such a wonderful time in church. All the youth, toddlers and up parade around the Sanctuary Praising Jesus--swinging the Palm Branches! What a wonderful start to a glorious service, we have lovely banners proclaiming the beginning of Holy Week--and we have to catch them tomorrow or else they are gone by Easter Morn... More importantly, tomorrow is the DAY that some of the youth make the decision to accept Christ into their Hearts and become "members" of the chURch. I always think that an odd practice--most have accepted, but perhaps not publicly admitted, their love for Jesus a multitude of times...and most have been Members of our congregation from the beginning of their time!

But...alas, we may miss Palm Sunday in the quiet Sanctuary, but instead begin the prelude of Christ's last week on Earth at home, celebrating, remembering in the midst of a blizzard.

We had visitors this weekend: two ladies, Ann and Mary, came to be at our Spring Tea at Church. Mary spoke about her adventure as a Woman-to-Woman participant in Haiti. Her talk and slides were wonderful. Certainly made me more than thankful when I turned on the faucet at church after the tea in preparation to wash dishes...and again when I came home, got a drink of water, or more so when I heard my grandson flush the toilet. He is almost three, and is working on this new adventure in his little life--getting potty trained--he is really good...after many efforts he announced "I went poop, I earned some jelly beans" He had spotted the thankyou gift from Ann on the dresser!!!! He is a sweety!!! And, of course, I'm a doting grammy!!! Reece was here with his Mommy and Daddy for the day...they hurried back home to beat the weather; but we spent a lovely afternoon with the 3 of them...now I'm going to go cozy up to my sewing machine for the duration of this snow!

No comments: