Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Same ol' April



I just read my past 8 blogs...(is not that awful--8 blogs in two years.)  Seems I only get in the mood in April...around Easter....But, the weather has been constant...cold, snowy, last year it was 59 degrees April 27...something wonderful to draw me to this blog.

Just want to say....I wll be blogging our trip to Egypt...It starts with us leaving April 27 after an evening meeting...we will go to Omaha and fly out shortly after 8 a.m. on the 28th...arrive in Cairo at 2:30.  I expect to be at our hotel by 4 p.m.   Then we will find things to do to stay awake until 10 p.m.  I hope it is safe for us to be out walking around, exploring. 
I posted a new dress for Piper on Facebook and my sewing forum...very pretty with scallops.  I wanted to learn about scallops as I have a quilt I want to finish the border with a scalloped edge.   I used one of my favorite school girl patterns, and used an article from Sew Beautiful Easter edition to work up the scallops.  It turned out very pretty.  I have picked up some tips on taking pics of clothing, and it has helped a lot!!! 

Ha-ha...do you see the bits of snow remaining?  This was taken today....Anyhow...I think I will think now....do I start a separate blog for the travels...or just include them here as part of my continuing journal.

Hugs......

1 comment:

nonie everythingsewing said...

I am so glad to see you blogging again. I look forward to taking the trip with you through your blog.

Love this little dress, the scallops are so pretty and really set the dress off as being special.
Nonie